9/3/13

And we're baaaaaack

Whew! Hey there!!! Did you miss us??

It has been a long time since we've checked in, and a lot has changed since my last post. Like...

First, we are no longer in Boston.  [insert a few tears here]
It's still so weird to me that we aren't hearing sirens every 10 minutes.  It's extremely hard that I can't just walk to the grocery store.  I actually have to meal plan!! I guess it's good.... and bad.  There goes spontaneity in dinner!  Spaghetti will be a gooood friend until I'm better at planning grocery trips. Anyway, but yes:  We have relocated to Chapel Hill, NC!!  We're in the South, yo!  To be honest, I love it.... and then I don't love it sometimes.  Auden has just thrived here.  So it's great to see him loving it.  Nelson feels more at home since he's from Texas (plus they have Blue Bell Ice Cream).  Me.... it's different.  It's somewhere that I had never imagined myself living.  Boston was always an option.  But the South.... well, I had never seen myself coming in this direction.  I just need some time for me to adjust.  And then I will really love it here. But Boston will always, always have a piece of my heart.

Second, Nelson is back in school! 
My genius of a husband finished his masters in May and now has started the doctoral program as a Tar Heel (UNC).  Looks like we'll be here for the next four/five years.  Or more because we love it here? Who knows!

To update people/inform for the first time.... 
I was planning on starting law school this fall.  But, in the last second, I decided not to.  Something just didn't feel right.  I would only have gone to school during the nights and three days a week, but I wasn't quite ready to be away from Auden and Nelson like that.  Not just yet.  Also, Nelson and I visited the school during the summer when we first got here.  I really believe in feeling a connection with your campus-- there's got to be the magic when you take your first steps onto the grounds.  I just didn't feel it.  Plus, I felt better about a different school.  If I was going to do law school, then I am going to DO law school: If I'm paying the tuition, putting in the hours, and attempting to balance a school life + family life, I might as well do it at a school that I really want.  After prayer, thought, and discussion with my partner in crime.. we decided to wait.  So, I'm retaking the LSAT in December and applying for next fall.

We found a GREAT mexican tacqueria!! 
This was a "had to" on my list of exploration here.  It was VERY important we find a good Mexican place because we had THE. BEST. no seriously. The BEST Mexican food just five minutes walk away from our place in Boston.  I will never find a place with as good of hot sauce as El Pelon... but we found a place with excellent food.  (This just happened last night).  (friends in boston: if you come visit, BRING ME EL PELON SAUCE!!! You will be graciously rewarded at any all-you-can-eat here, because they are plentiful  :)

Well, I can't really think of anything too crazy-cool to share... So I will now proceed to post pictures of our summer.  Unfortunately, I only have pictures of my Kim vacation because my kind dad got me a new computer for my birthday and I transferred my pictures from the Pace vacation before I switched computers.  Then I left my computer in Utah.  So, to my in-laws: I am sorry that I can't post anything from our AWESOME vacation together.  I promise this wasn't intentional.... I promise. 

1 comment:

  1. Uh YES we missed you! and still do! No blog can change that :( but I am SO glad you're back in the blogging action. I love your family too much.

    ReplyDelete