2/22/13

New Haven {part 2}: details of Yale

{part one here:}

I know these are a lot of pictures of Yale... but I can't help it.  That place is so majestic.  It's like you've stepped into the wonderful world of Harry Potter... but your brain feels like it's soaking up all the intelligence that exudes from the walls and students.  it's awesome.  And for those hoping there's a good dose of Auden channeling his inner Einstein... I will let you know that there aren't a lot of that.  In fact, there aren't any.  We're really trying to not support any racial stereotypes. ;) [i really hope you are laughing with me... and not shaking your head and finger at me...] 



Making our way to Old Campus. This is where most of the freshmen live.  During high school, living here was my dream.  I dreamed of Yale. I am proud of admit it.  I went to a school that was quite similar though: "Y" for Yale and BYU... Blue school colors... Helaman Halls vs. Old Campus.  I'm pretty sure Helaman Halls wins. 








What does this tower remind you of?
Me: LOTR, The Two Towers. 
I am open to your opinions! 

Although it is breathtaking, the architecture and the weather just made everything monotone.  I loved this beautiful pop of red.  I'm not sure if the bumper sticker is something that is inappropriate though.... if it is, I'll apologize now and not send out a formal apology through my PR rep. ;) 


 
sorry BYU Special Collections... Beinecke wins I think on this one. 

 Ah.... and the gem: Yale Law School. 
Seriously. A gem.  I stood in awe in it's glory.  All hail, Yale (law school)! 







 We are so classy.  We get there and we do these poses.  Really brings out our intelligence.
Nelson holding up the ceiling. 




this was above one of their main doors entering the school.  I guess this is their interpretation of what law school is like?  Whatever it is, it was awesome.  Anyone have a real answer? 

We weren't able to visit every part of the school so this will have to suffice: all the schools' crests:



I hope you enjoyed a little tour of Yale through our eyes!  If you get the chance, go!! I guarantee you won't regret it.  To make your trip more enjoyable... good food. But that's for next time!  stay tuned!!
[seriously, we ate good food. you can't take me anywhere unless I have that....]

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, but you must inform us more on the great food. :)
    I think the law professor has made those poor students tired by workload or boredom. Which is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks definitely like Hogwarts; awesome!
    Also, that "two towers" picture reminds me of Saruman's tower as well. Very clever....

    ReplyDelete