3/6/13

my last New Haven post....

Last, and definitely, not least: the food.

I'm pretty sure we ate our filling of grease for the month during that weekend trip.  but oh man, was it worth it.  Thinking/writing about all that yummy goodness makes me want to head on over to Yale-country right. now.  There's something about greasy food at midnight that go hand in hand... I learned that during my college years.  Major-life-lesson-learned-in-college: check. ;) Back to the restaurants.... ok, pretty much just one of the places.... please indulge me and let me go on and on about this amazing, amaaaaazing pizza place.



it's delicious. it's a huge serving of pizza.  Seriously. if you can, go. Go to Frank Pepe's.  If you can, go now. why are you still reading this!?! :D




and if you are a friend of Nelson's and recently received an email/video about how sodas are the death of society.... don't listen to him for this one trip.  because this soda is so so good.  the bubbly goodness will make you smile.  This cream soda flavor is Nelson's favorite... but I liked the Gassosa (lime flavor).  If you really want to go traditional-New Haven, get the White Birch.  It tastes like a sweeter root beer.


this boy grew up so much during that week.  He was a little toddler at dinner. watching him was fascinating.  and sad at the same time... but more fascinating and hilarious.  He kept howling at the ceiling and then laughing.  and then slamming his hands on the steel table.  we just happened to sit at the one and only table that was the least baby/toddler-friendly. 


game face, guys. game face.
bring it when you go.

look at that thing!!!! 






Fun fact: it is argued that Frank Pepe's is the best pizza in the world. 
did you get that, friends?? 
the world. 
10 {cool} points to Gryffindor the Paces!


This little cottage... we unfortunately could not eat there... but this is the birthplace of..... the hamburger.
*cue angelic music*
The wait was 45 minutes for a burger.  I love you, burgers.  But my temper when my blood sugar is low is not pretty. at all. we had to head elsewhere.
but, my ode to Louis: 
Thank you.  You saved my life during college. Because of you, I have McDonalds.  Love live the burger.  
Love live.... the Big Mac. 

 Instead of Louis Lunch, we went to Shake Shack!  Didn't even have to go all the way to New York to try the famous Shake Shack!  We were so hungry, we didn't get any more pictures.  It was good... but we are still true to our good ol' Tasty Burger here in Fenway.

So, especially for those who knew me "when I was in college," can you see why this was my kind of trip?? But in all seriousness, thanks, my dear sweet husband, for making Valentine's 2013 extremely fun, memorable, and greasy.  ;)  To more Valentine's days!! cheers!!~ 






3 comments:

  1. It was an Awesome food trip, and while Shake Shack is really good tasting, it certainly did not feel as fresh/healthy as Tasty Burger. We are true to the Tasty Burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Auden's wearing the shirt I bought him!
    This looks way cool, sister! And that pizza is HUGE! Glad you guys had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new template.

    Looking at your family pics has completely new meaning now because I was just with you three!! I know Auden's little faces better. I know what a stinker he can be about eating and how we can distract him into eating through any available entertainment. And I can't stop thinking about his sweet soft little cheeks for lots and lots of kisses.

    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete