5/2/13

the day we said "yes"

Sunday was our anniversary.

The day we said "yes" to eternity to together.  The day we remember the unconquerable feeling of bliss.  April 28th was the day that nothing did or could have gone wrong.  When I look back at our pictures from that day, I feel like we look like babies.  We look so young and little; completely unaware of the journey ahead.  But most importantly... that reminiscence of beautiful ignorance, brings smiles.  That glorious, sunny, perfect day was an absolute.  Nothing was going to stop us from being happy.  I need more of that.  Every day I feel like I am burdened by the items on my to do list I haven't done.  I need more of that bliss I felt on April 28th because that was heaven.  I get other bits of heaven when I am with Auden, but it's still different from that momentous day.  Auden is an escape and a haven.  April 28th was a day of love. and love is all we need, right? love conquers all, right? With perfect love comes a perfect brightness of hope.  When I became a mother, my love for Auden was automatic and complete right as I met him.  With Nelson, it had to grow and continues to be refined.  But April 28th was a cherry on top.  A burst of freshness.  That is why I will always love my anniversary.  Because it reminds me of that bright, beautiful, spiritual, wonderful, and miraculous day.  Every year I have a day to remember.  Thanks for choosing me, Nelson Pace.  Thanks for letting me choose you.  Thank you for going on this adventure with me.  In the wise words of Buzz Lightyear, "to infinity and beyond!"  









photos by the talented jacque lynn
previous anniversary post: here

3 comments:

  1. love is all ya need, love is all ya need

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginnie, Have you always been a phenomenal writer? You are honest and clear. You make all of the hard times beautiful and like the light shines through every wrong that's ever happened. Are you trying to convince people to get married? ha. I'm so happy to have you in our family. I hope you had a beautiful anniversary. Love you!

    ReplyDelete